The WLC Program uses a combination of professional advising and faculty mentorship to best meet the needs of our majors and minors. The most appropriate person for each appointment is a function of the nature of the assistance required.
(Registration clearance and degree planning)
- Starting in Fall 2020, all WLC students (who have not previously been advised by a WLC Faculty Advisor) are assigned to Samantha Keyser as their Primary Advisor.
- WLC students who have already been seeing a Faculty Advisor will continue to be advised by their Faculty Advisor.
- WLC minors will also be assigned a Faculty Mentor for primary advising (or continue seeing their same WLC minor advisor).
(Guidance on career planning, graduate school, experiential opportunities, research, study abroad, etc.)
- Students can email their Faculty Mentor for help with any of the above categories.
- Students can view their Faculty Mentor assignment on their Navigate page (on the right side of the screen)
- If students do not know who their Faculty Mentor is, they can reach out to Samantha Keyser.
- If students want to do courses for their major or minor while doing study abroad, they can discuss with their Faculty Mentor which courses they should take.
- For general education courses to take abroad, students should talk with their Primary Advisor/ Andrea Stedman.
(Transfers, Petitions, Study Abroad, SAP Appeals, Academic Probation, etc)
- All WLC students, regardless of their primary advising assignment, can meet with Samantha Keyser for supplemental assistance with transfer work, petitions, study abroad paperwork (especially for general education), ROTC plans, financial aid documentation, academic crisis advising, etc.
WLC students with quick questions that do not require a full appointment can direct these to Samantha Keyser. Emails are typically returned within 2 business days.
Please read the university’s advising policy to determine when you must be advised. For general information about advising and ways to prepare for your appointment, please visit the Arts & Sciences Advising website.